Saturday, February 20, 2010

More Snowflakes

Snowflakes are so amazing. Each one is beautiful and unique. Each winter I try to capture the beauty of these tiny objects with my camera and macro lens, it is not easy, but I think each attempt is a little better than the last.



This one is so amazing to me, the snowflake is just so unique with a completely different structure from one side to the other.




A close up of the snowflake in the middle of the previous picture:



5 comments:

Allison Cope said...

WOW! I can't believe the detail you have Heidi! Beautiful photos!

Heidi Brand said...

Thanks Ally!

Katy G said...

I just found you through MCP's blog w/ your adorable frog picture and your work is gorgeous! How in the world do you achieve this beautiful picture w/ just a macro lens? I've tried and it never works for me! I am definitely a new fan of your work :)

Images By Jax said...

Heidi! Love the snowflakes. They look like little diamonds on display in an expensive jewelry shop.

Heidi Brand said...

Thanks Katy and Jax.

Katy, these were taken with my Canon 100mm 2.8 macro lens. Now I did set up a tripod outside and captured the snowflakes on a piece of glass and then put the blue paper under the glass for the colour. The tripod helps to be able to avoid any camera shake and increase your DOF.